Hi Michael,

On 3/4/21 03:26, wa7skg wrote:

> Well, I messed up a bit. Had a special situation to load some music for
> a particular purpose. I created a group "Special-M" and assigned cart
> numbers 50000-50500 with "Enforced Cart Number" checked. The music was
> copied into a folder and I ran rdimport to load it all into the library.

For this and similar reasons, I've chosen to set up new Groups with
specific cart number ranges, but leaving "Enforce Cart Range" unchecked.
This makes it easier to move carts between groups. May not fit your use
case or workflow, but I think there's no harm in *not* enforcing ranges
in a group. I'd love to hear others' thoughts on this.

> Everything ran fine and I thought I was good. My mistake was in not
> counting the songs. I thought there were about 300 songs. Checking after
> rdimport ran showed all 500 cart numbers used. That's when I checked the
> folder and found there were 794 songs. So, I edited the group to allow
> 1000 carts. The question is, how do I now run rdimport again on the
> folder to get the remaining 294 songs loaded? I don't want any
> duplicates and I'm not sure which 500 of the 794 carts loaded.
>
> The only thing that comes to my mind is to delete that group, create a
> new group with enough cart numbers and re-import all 794 songs.

If the metadata is "good" in the audio files (and thus in the Rivendell
Library), one *could* write a script to look up Cart titles, artists,
etc. and skip importing them, but for this small number of tracks it
might be easier to, as you say, delete the group (and all the Carts in
it), and start over.

Let me know if you'd like some help with a script. It would be something
like:

   for file in *.ogg ; do
     f_artist=$(get metadata artist from "${file}")
     f_title=$(get metadata title from "${file}")
     f_album=$(get metadata album from "${file}")
     db_cartnum=$(mysql --options Rivendell -e "select NUMBER from CART
where GROUP_NAME = 'your-group-name' and ARTIST='${f_artist}' and TITLE=
'${f_title}' and ALBUM='${f_album}')
     [[ -n "${db_cartnum}" ]] && continue
     rdimport GROUPNAME "${file}"
   done