There's an issue with passing through USB audio devices with ESX, it's just
not possible.  I was contemplating passing through a USB PCIe card and
plugging a device in there but since we're feeding across rooms we opted to
stream to a hardware stream decoder from our VM for now.  We may revisit
this in our set up.  It's been running on air just over a year now.

Eric