On Apr 18, 2022, at 16:12, Rob Landry <41001...@interpring.com> wrote:

> I have an old machine installed at WCVR running RD 2.1.5 under Centos 6. It
> was built in 2017.
>
> I want to replace it with a new machine I've just built that runs RD 3.6.5
> under CentOS 7. Both machines have the same name
> ("farancia.sugarrivermedia.com <http://farancia.sugarrivermedia.com/>") but
> different IP addresses.
>
> In pursuit of that goal, I backed up the old RD 2.1.5 database, copied it to
> the new system, imnported it with rddbmgr, and converted it to the current
> database version.
>
> I'm finding that some things don't work; in particular, rdlibrary sees no
> groups and no carts.
>
> The SoundPanel buttons in rdairplay don't work properly. The System panel
> buttons are all blank, and cannot be modified from rdairplay. The User panels
> are likewise blank, but can be modified.
>
> Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Sounds like something got borked in the database conversion. That’s a very old
Rivendell version that you upgraded from (schema version 205). The DB converter
routines in v3.x (and v4.x, for that matter) support schema versions all the
way back to 159 [v1.0.x], but only schema versions 242 [v2.10.x] and later are
really well tested. If possible, I would try converting that DB using the
latest v2.x version (v2.19.3), *then* use v3.6.5 to convert it to ‘current’.

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |