On Apr 19, 2022, at 17:15, Rob Landry <41001...@interpring.com> wrote:

> When I run rdlogin, it says "Current user: unknown".
>
> If I select a user, or press the Default User button, the program immediately
> quits.
>
> If I run it again, it still says "Current user: unknown".
>
> So, the problem appears to be some database value that isn't letting it set
> the user.

Sounds like a reasonable diagnosis.

> This Rivendell installation was done under CentOS 7, following the Paravel
> Web site instructions. Since I followed the same procedure for two other
> machines, neither of which have the problem, it must be something in this
> database rather than a software issue. If I were to do a table-by-table
> comparison with one of the other machines, which table should I start with?

I’d start by taking a look in RDAdmin->ManageUsers. Are all of the expected
users there? Does the data look sane? (The data in those dialogs mostly live in
a table called ‘USERS’, but looking directly at that won’t be particularly
helpful without a good understanding of the schema design. And, remember, the
schema has changed quite a bit between v2.1x and v2.19.x)!

And then, take a look at the Station entry in RDAdmin. Does the default user
exist?

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |