Am 06.11.2015 um 13:47 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 13:18:43 +0100
> d_jan <d_...@ymail.com> wrote:
>>> For "Show all Environments":
>>> - remove the option from the "main" UI
>>> - keep it in the context menu
>>> - change the default back to showing all environments.
>> Yes, makes sense (particularly since the current in-between-ish way
>> is a bit irritating)
>>
>> I wonder a bit if the context menu option is a good idea. Those who
>> want to hide the "other environments" (for whichever reason?) may not
>> find it, others may trigger it involuntary. Since the "other
>> Environments" are non obstructively collapsed, I would think about
>> generally showing both without a switch.
> Good point. The reason that kept me sticking to the option, somewhat,
> is that we have the same widget in <varselector>s (the "data picker
> source"). Here, it makes a lot of sense to list only .GlobalEnv by
> default: Vertical space is considerably more limited, and picking an
> object from .GobalEnv is what you would do, probably 99.9% of the time.
> For that one odd in a thousand, where you are actively looking to use
> an object, e.g. from "package:datasets", there should be a way to get
> to the full list. This is currently in the context menu, and that in
> again is shared between workspace tool window and <varselector>.
I see. This makes sense. Ideally, one would still not have the function
in the Workspace context menu, but if it messes with the structure of
the application I suppose it is not to bad to leave it like it is.

If you accidentally change the setting via the context menu and restart
the application, do you get the standard view back?

Cheers,
 Jan