Hi,

ok, so I have now pushed the first "complete" draft of the Workspace
browser including search functionality into git master. (I'm sure you'll
find some details to improve, though).

On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 16:23:28 +0100
d_jan <d_...@ymail.com> wrote:
> I see. This makes sense. Ideally, one would still not have the
> function in the Workspace context menu, but if it messes with the
> structure of the application I suppose it is not to bad to leave it
> like it is.

Removed, now, as part of quite a bit of internal restructuring. For
varselectors it is still in the context menu.

> If you accidentally change the setting via the context menu and
> restart the application, do you get the standard view back?

The following settings are not saved at all:
 - Show all environments
 - Search string
 - Fields to search in
 - Show all objects (vs. functions vs. non-functions)
They do persist within the entire session (workspace tool window), or
the lifetime of the plugin dialog (varselector), though. I'm not sure,
whether or not this is entirely desirable. For instance, should you
forget to go back to "Show all objects", and collapse the filter
options, it will be a bit hard to discover what's wrong.

The following settings are saved _implicitly_:
 - Show hidden objects
 - Columns to show
If you change the setting, and quit RKWard, it will be restored in the
same way on the next start. These are stored separately for tool window
and varselector.

One thing that I'm not entirely happy with (perhaps you have an idea)
is searching/filtering in varselectors: Showing the filter controls
permanently, did not look like a good idea, here. They can be activated
from the context-menu. Is this discoverable enough?

Regards
Thomas