Hi,

There is a plugin buffer in which you can allocate the memory you need. I needed some form of malloc() once, in /apps/plugins/dict.c (see here: http://www.rockbox.org/viewcvs.cgi/apps/plugins/dict.c?rev=1.7&view=markup ).

So I wrote a very simple function called pl_malloc() there... maybe you can use that. It doesn't do free(), but if you need that you can always try to code it.

Tomas

Tobias Heimann wrote:

Hi guys,

I've just started to develop a plugin for rockbox and stumbled over the memory allocation: Is there anything like malloc() and free() in rockbox and if yes, which headers do I have to include for that?

So far, I've only found buffer_alloc() in buffer.h, but that results in an undefined reference error.
I'm building for the coldfire m68k btw.

Thanks for any help,
Tobias