> The challenge is of course to identify which options are useless for
> most, and only essential for a small group to make the remaining setting
> relevant to as man people as possible. Of course it should also be taken
> into considerations which options are used often, and which are used
rarely.

I don't think there is a good answer to the question "Which options are
rarely used".  Majority rule will particularly not work in this case.  Also,
I suspect that many people don't use features as they don't know about them,
and hiding them away will make this worse, not better.

I vote to keep everything in the settings menus, but reorder them;
discussion on reordering should go here:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/MenuLayoutDiscussion

FWIW, I've been involved in 2 other apps (at different companies) where it
was decided that the configuration was over-complex, and in both cases a
"simplified" option (i.e. with some less essential options hidden or made
harder to get to) was tried and revoked because it actually increased
support calls.

Steve Bavin