Simon M. wrote:
As I am writing this, I have a new idea:
I think it would be nice to have shortcut menu where you can toggle
features of rockbox on and of: crossfeed, replaygain, crossfade, eq,
shuffle, repeat, party mode, file view, sleep timer (not a toggle but
i'd like it there)... In the best case scenario you would only need
the toggle menu regularily, once you have configured the other options
in general settings.
I achieve basically this same thing by having a /settings directory in my root, with .cfg files like eq_on.cfg. This works well for me. I have suggested on IRC (but not yet gotten around to a feature request) that it would be useful to be able to configure a "home" directory and have Rockbox boot to that home directory instead of the root. I would use this to boot directly to the /settings directory. This would make it easy to quickly select, for example, my headphones.cfg or car.cfg.

--

Michael E. DiFebbo

http://www.jumpcityjazz.com