Hi Christian,

I agree with the principle.  As well as device support, the simulator
currently uses some other separate kernel code (all the multi-threading for
example).  I would particularly hope that such a simulator could be used to
debug some of the more subtle issues (race conditions etc.) which it
currently often fails to reproduce at all.

Such a simulator would still need to offer an emulation of different
targets' hardware - in particular display capabilities (sizes, colours, and
the Archos Player's charcell display) and buttons.

--
Steve B