On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 6:35 PM, alex wallis
<alexwallis...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> OK, the version of the utility I am running is v 1.2.1 is this not compiled
> with the latest svn code?

No. Rockbox Utility isn't build regularly as the main Rockbox itself
is. Instead, we make releases every now and then. The rework Dominik
talked about is in svn, but the changes haven't been made available in
a release.
I've just made a new binary available from svn. This is not a release
and some internal things have been changed lately, so it may contain
other issues. I'll try to update that binary every now and then. You
can get it here:

http://www.alice-dsl.net/dominik.riebeling/rockbox/rbutilqt-svn.zip

Be aware that this binary is build using Qt 4.5.1 which has a problem
with SAPI voices (the list of voices will be empty). I'm still trying
to figure which Qt version introduced the issue (it's definitely a Qt
issue), but I thought it would be better to have a svn binary around
now instead of later even if it contains this problem.

>> 5. About Dialogs are not readout correctly.
>> - The about Qt dialog contains only a Label with Text and Qt has problems
>> voiceing labels without any selectable element. Maybe this could be improved
>> with a textbox instead of the label.

The "About Qt" dialog is a premade dialog box that comes with Qt. We
could of course clone that dialog, but as it doesn't contain important
information (mostly legal stuff about Qt -- the only thing I'd
consider interesting is the version number, and we could easily put
that number in the "About" box as well).

Regardless, voicing labels should work as we would otherwise run into
much more problems at other locations. Figuring why labels don't work
nicely is the solution we should hunt after :)

> Also, just wondering what is the install utility on player option for?

This simply copies Rockbox Utility and its configuration file on the
player so you have a portable installation and can carry it around. I
don't think that this is widely used though.

 - Dominik