Hi Alex,

I didn't mean your question was OT, I meant my interjection!  I was simply
trying to say that once you can use RBUtil then the pool issue is a
non-issue.

If you could maybe have a sighted user configure the TTS options in RBUtil
(a one-off thing), then it sounds like you'll be able to use it via the menu
bar:  Actions > Accessibility > Create Voice File, then ALT-I (for Install).
The following keystrokes are equivalent:   ALT-S, A, V, ALT-I.

None of this should (of course) put you and Dominik off fixing up the Jaws
issues, but I hope it's helpful - probably easier than mucking about with
Cygwin, I'd think.

pondlife