alex wallis schrieb:

Firstly none of the boxes with number values that change when you press up or down arrows are announced when you make changes, you have to tab out of and back into them, so the same problem from 1.2.1 is still present.

Ofcourse, we didnt change anything for that. But i am investigating the Problem.

However as requested I pressed spacebar on the combo boxes and once they had expanded jaws is able to read items as they change. I actually didn't know that spacebar expanded combo boxes. However I think that the issue where combo box values are not read unless space is pressed on the box first should be fixed because I think a lot of people will just assume they can go up and down in the box without pressing space on it first. Also, once you have pressed space on a box and its items are being read by jaws, once you have found the item you are looking for you then can't do anything. As pressing tab will not move you out of the box, and if you press escape your selection is cancelled and you are back at square one
Yes, surely the voicing of the comboboxes should be fixed. I was just asking you to try this, so i get a better chance to find the problem. Also if you expand a combobox with "space", use "enter" to select the value :-)
I will give that a try and let you know if it works.
Also, spacebar on the combo boxes to expand them and get them read does not work on that one who's value is not read when it is changed even when you tab out of and back into it. The box I am talking about is the one next to the language selection box if you press tab once you are on it. Pressing spacebar on it doesn't seem to expand it and its values are not read if you change them. In fact you are given no indication of any changes when you press up or down arrow.

I think, that you are in the Sapi Configuration dialog and the box which doesnt speak, is the Voice selection. And this Box is empty, because of the bug bluebrother mentioned earlier. And if its Empty, it is ofcourse correct to not speak anything.

But are the Titles for this Boxes correctly spoken ?
Do you mean the titles for the combo boxes? if so, no none of the titles for combo boxes are spoken.
Under encoder settings as well as the boxes with number values not being read when they are changed, there is also a check box who's title is not announced, to find it move to the box who's default value is set at ten and press tab once, you are then on the box who's title isn't being announced.

But the titles of the other boxes are readout ?
Yes that's right, they appear to be read out correctly. Both the title on the check box for use sapi four and narrow band check box are read out.
Also keep in mind, that the configuration dialog for TTS and Encoders change depending on which TTS/Encoder you selected.
I see, I did not realise this.
To you other mails:
- The main menu contains both the manual and the info tab. But they are probably not very interesting for blind users. (Its the last two tabs, after the Uninstallation tab)
When you say menu do you actually mean the menu bar with options such as accessibility and extras etc. In my mind I think of the menu bar as being separate from the tabs, but allowing you to do the same as you can normally on them.

- Yes the voice generation in rbutil surely can be improved, as there are still missing features if you compare against the buildsystem. (POOL support for reusing clips, and voicestring correction for example)
But as always we dont have enough time todo all we want :-)
Lol yes never enough time in the day.
Speaking of the build system and pool support, can you please tell me the exact syntax I need to use to get it working? as I am sure I am putting in the right commands, but cygwin doesn't seem to be using them, and is not placing the voice clips where I tell it. I would like to store the voice clips in a folder called voice located inside my build dir. If you could please tell me the exact command I should put into cygwin to do this I would appreciate it. Does cygwin need to have any particular packages or versions of packages installed for pool support to work? as I guess either I am doing something wrong or something isn't working properly with cygwin.

I checked the entry on voice in the wiki, but couldn't see any information about pool support, I will edit the entry to include information on pool support if you can tell me how to get it working correctly. As I guess a lot of cygwin users might want to reuse voice clips.