Al Le wrote:
But still I can think that for a user, a theme is something he selects, and there is not much difference (for a normal joe user) between selecting a theme and selecting a font. But fonts are pre-selected while themes are not.

We now present "Fonts" as if it were simply a setting, rather than a file browser. This distinction is actually beneficial, because changing the font just changes one value (current font) and if that value is changed elsewhere (maybe by loading a .cfg file such as a theme) the font list *should* (I don't know if it does) update to the new currently selected one. In this way it can absolutely show the "value" that is in use.

I agree that it's not black and not white, and I also understand your reasoning. I just try to imagine what a user who has never seen Rockbox before and has not heard about themes, configs etc. would expect.

But you're judging based on your own expectations. The only thing we know is that there have been very, very, very few people asking "Why doesn't it remember what theme I last selected in this menu?" so even people who find it unexpected haven't felt it was actually a problem worth reporting or requesting a change over.