Hi, My 2 cents to the topic. Might be of help to you.

When you try to download/install components from rockbox site. I hope you
had entered the rockbox url in the add website box. And in the next window
you need to select rockbox url, only then cygwin will go and
download/install those.

Secondly, you need to individually select the packages to be
downloaded/installed. List of which you can get from rockbox website. The
required packages are not selected by default. Needs to be done manually.

Hope that helps.
Sumit.

--

Sumit