Currently we have a few i2c implementations which are incompatible.
i2c drivers are scattered across our source base (as some are in
target tree and some not). Drivers utilizing i2c to communicate with
peripherials are either platform specific and call particular
i2c_write variant (RTCs) or use wrappers (Wolfson codecs, TEA fm). I
propose to introduce some unification across our existing
implementations and to introduce uniform higher layer API for i2c
transfers. I did proof of concept implementation which can be seen
here: http://www.pastie.org/1338034.

Comments welcome
Marcin Bukat (wodz)