> I, personally, have the impression that you're over-complicating things
> a bit. Do we really need that I2C handler registration thing? Or would a
> (multivolume-like) bus index passed to all the I2C handling functions do
> equally good with less bloat? IIUC the handler function could do the
> registration stuff internally for targets that really need it.

The idea behind handler is that we may have two i2c busses which use
different drivers (I have to check but I had impression that some PP
targets use regular pp-i2c for communication with codec and sw one for
reading keys).

Anyway I am opened for sugesstions. If you could write down simple
example how you think this should be done I'll be happy to look at.

> Also, how do the drivers for the I2C devices know which bus to use?
> #define WMCODEC_BUS 0 etc. in firmware/export/config/[target].h?

That was my idea

Marcin