Let me take one step back and discuss how the 15-second delay should
work.

Right now, the main supported use case is to keep the resume offset at 0
as long as the track is not played for longer than 15 seconds.  This is
important to me and to Dave Slusher (who contributed this feature), but
I agree that that's somewhat limited and inflexible.

One behavior I had intended, but haven't managed to implement yet, is
what Paul described as the first of various alternative behaviors:

Paul Louden <paulthen...@gmail.com> writes:

> Also, does this mean "15 seconds of time spent with the file as now
> playing" or "if the resume point's in the first 15 seconds" or "if the
> resume point is within 15 seconds of where the file was last resumed?"

As I mentioned, the present patch implements the second behavior.  Both
the first and third option would mean that I could skip over a partially
played track without updating the resume position, which I would like.
And the third option would still allow Paul's idea of seeking to a
resume point for future use, then moving on to another file.

Also, the third option seems to be much easier to implement than the
first option.  I'll play a bit with Option 3 and see whether I like it
enough to refine my patch.

sideral