Thomas Martitz <thomas.mart...@student.htw-berlin.de> writes:
> On 22.12.2010 10:37, sideral wrote:

>> Second, even if the current playback position would be preserved,
>> there is no simple way to return to it.  You'd have to skip away from
>> the track, then play it again.  Stopping the track and then resuming
>> playback wouldn't work because the Resume Playback function would use
>> the current playlist's resume point near track start, which takes
>> precedence in this case; I'd argue that anything else would be very
>> confusing.
>
> Well, you don't rewind to 0:00 because you plan to go back to where
> you were. You do it because you either want to go to the previous song
> in the playlist or to listen the current song from the beginning.
>
> Or is this wildly skipping between resume points another use case we
> need to handle?

No, it's not.  I was more concerned about a user accidentally rewinding
to 0:00.  But in that case it is probably reasonable to expect the user
to simply stop, then restart/resume from the database or file browser.

Thanks for sharing your idea!  I'll see whether I can make it work.

A simple implementation would be to regard rewind to 0:00 as a track
stop + track restart, including all the statistics updates that entails
(increase play count and elapsed play time, etc.).  Does that sound
reasonable?

sideral