On 12/15/2011 02:50 AM, Boris Gjenero wrote:
If developers want to retain HWCODEC support in the trunk, I can't
complain about that. However, if the latest version is not the best
choice, users should be told that. Also, in that case, the older version
they're directed to should at least get bug fixes. That's the essence of
my argument for a fork.

I agree that forking is the way to go. I think maybe "Rockbox Legacy" could be a proper name for it. We should strive to backport bug fixes to the legacy fork, but that more or less requires an active maintainer. Any volunteers?

Linus