On 16/12/11 03:57 AM, Rafaël Carré wrote:
However I think we are a few wanting to know amiconn's opinion since
he's been quite involved in archos port and he has some expertise that
could be helpful.

I agree that expertise is needed.

Also, people with HWCODEC devices are needed. The sim can't be used to test everything. It's possible to find other bugs by just analyzing code, but I think it's important to be able to actually test things. Also, I suspect it would be hard to sustain interest without an actual device.

I can help but I don't know much about the quirks of particular HWCODEC devices and I only have a Recorder V2. Often it's only possible to figure things out by analyzing code, and looking at old web pages or IRC logs.

Regards,

Boris