Mon 25 Dec 2006 10:12:10 PM EST from [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dog Pound BBS II)

Silly question...if ctdlsvc is inside of the citserver, and citserver crashes, how will it restart itself?

Not having seen the code, I'm guessing it works like this...

When citserver starts, it does some initial setup of some kind, then spawns a new process that runs the actual Citadel server code.  It then monitors the process to see if it has stopped.  If it has stopped, and it is not expected to stop, then it will start the process again.

I'm sure this would not have been done via threading (preferring to use processes) because, should a process fail for any reason, the parent thread's memory risks being corrupted (since memory between threads is mostly shared).  Although, honestly, I haven't seen the code.