Subject: Re: Guest mode

 Given that Citadel is currently designed around a stateful authentication
model, I agree that it would be far easier to have a guest account that would
be used for this purpose.  I'd like to propose an extension to that idea.

 Let each Citadel system have multiple guest accounts, and create a mechanism
that will automatically trigger a guest login based on user-defined rules.
 This would allow for different "guest profiles" for different purposes.

 For example, let's say one system wants to have a publicly readable blog
that allows anonymous commenting.  When that blog room is accessed, it can
auto-log in a guest account, say blogpost.  That same system may also want
to allow guests to read all rooms except for those on a specific floor.  This
could be handled by creating a second guest account, notthisfloor, that would
be auto-logged in when
any room other than the blog room is accessed.

 I know the example in this case could be implemented with one guest account,
but you get the idea.

 The obvious big downside to this idea would be figuring out the mechanism
to decide which guest account to use.
   Spell