...and there it is.  The whole "user photo" framework has been moved out
of the directory hierarchy and into the database.

 Everything else sitting in the directory hierarchy is kind of random ...
system messages, SSL keys, that sort of thing.  Need to figure out where they
are going to go.  But in the mean time this is good progress.  I think we're
getting close to being able to release this.

 Is there anything else open, that would stop us from declaring a feature
freeze once I finish these last few moves?