>Sounds like we're mostly in agreement.  JQuery is probably a safe
 >bet; it's been around for a while and seems to have "won" the
 >JS-framework space, particularly against Prototype and Scriptaculous.

 I'm not sure that's true. Take a look at Underscore. (Well, JQuery and
Underscore
are in some respects complimentary. We do use both from the same page.)

 We have 4 different UIs with different designs, with more on the way. Our
oldest one is heavily Jquery. Our mobile site does make use of jquery-mobile,
but not in a big way; most of the variable binding and rendering is done with
knockout-js.

 There is a trend to do more rendering directly in JS and less in server-side
dynamic HTML generation.