>And although I discovered my mistake and now this VM works as I know it

 >should, in my test it still fails to use the "test" of the AppImage, if

 >I try to send some mail it just closes the App.

 That's progress.   :)

 So let me see if I understand correctly.   If you run the appimage in "test"
mode, it declares that it is not compatible.  If you run it in "run" mode,
it starts the server, but crashes when you try to send mail.

 Is that correct?  If so, please tell me the exact name and version of the
Linux distribution you are running, so I can try to re-create the problem.