On 5/15/21 12:03 PM, IGnatius T Foobar wrote:
But right now we are looking for problems specific to the AppImage
distribution.  Can
you confirm that the AppImage is running properly, and it isn't showing any
problems that aren't problems with Citadel in general?

Like these two things?

With option "database_cleanup" it doesn't seem to find a library:

Warning #3 says to do first:

   WARNING #3:
      Please try "cd /usr/local/citadel/data;
   /tmp/.mount_citadehub75P/usr/bin/db_recover -c" first. Run citserver
   afterwards to
      revalidate whether its fixed or not, No news might be good news.
   Use this
      tool only if that one fails to fix your problem.

And this is what comes out:

   # cd /usr/local/citadel/data;
   /tmp/.mount_citadehub75P/usr/bin/db_recover -c
   /tmp/.mount_citadehub75P/usr/bin/db_recover: *error while loading
   shared libraries: libdb-6.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No
   such file or directory*
   # /tmp/.mount_citadehub75P/usr/bin/db_recover -c
   /tmp/.mount_citadehub75P/usr/bin/db_recover: *error while loading
   shared libraries: libdb-6.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No
   such file or directory*

At some point in the future when the AppImage is installed, how will the sendcommand be used? I don't know if the error is because something is missing in the AppImage or because of my lack of knowledge on how to use it.

   # /tmp/.mount_citadeTB3iEQ/usr/local/citadel/sendcommand -h
   /usr/local/citadel IGAB
   sendcommand: started (pid=14599) connecting to Citadel server with
   data directory /usr/local/citadel
   200 test.server.com Citadel server ADMIN CONNECTION ready.
   IGAB
   *530 Unrecognized or unsupported command*.
   sendcommand: processing ended.