Am 18.01.2012 16:06, schrieb Aleksey Bragin:

P.S. Proper answer from Linux team would be "We accept patches!" :-).
Maybe that doesn't match reality. I remember reading an article by some guy who wrote lots of patches for the scheduler and finally rewrote the whole thing. It proved to perform better than the original scheduler and many people were using it, yet it never got incorporated into the mainline kernel. At some point some other guy rewrote the original scheduler doing basically the same thing that he had developed earlier and at that point he quit linux development.