Hi

I'm new to ReactOS development and started to look into some issues I noticed with the setup. When I tried to install it I experimented a bit and noticed that you can create extended partitions during the setup. The setup also accepts such a partition for installation, but the actual installations fails with an error. Now I wondered, what would be the correct way to fix it. I checked with Windows 7 installation, and it apparently doesn't allow you to install on an extended partition either, at least it only allows you to create primary partitions. So if this shouldn't be possible, then I would add an error message to the setup, when the user chooses an extended partition. If this should be possible though, I would look into it, why it fails and try to fix it. Not sure if XP or others allow installations on extended partitions, I have to check this (been a long time since I last installed an XP :) ).

regards,
Gerhard Gruber