Am 05.04.2015 um 10:36 schrieb Minas Abrahamyan:
2 This feature is extreamely useful for any Windows user-- especially for ones with busy all primary partitions: 2 backup partitions, one C: and one just anything other, Linux or OsX - and you very need extended partition to keep Reactos

3 This feature is extreamely needed for just any real-life (==real hardware) Reactos tester and developer: see p.2 Plus starting from extended partition will allow to have multiple copies of reactos installations, which is bread and water for testers. The fact this feature is absent just shows where real-life usage by testers of Ros is: just nowhere.

I implemented this functionallity, so the installer can now create one or more logical partitions and can also install it there. There are two issues though:

1. When multiple logical drives exist and they are deleted the installer crashes. This is IMO just a minor problem, because you can still install, yu just have to think ahead of what you want. I will look into this later. 2. This is IMO the more important issue. I verified with a GParted ISO the partitions and they are corrupted. At first I thought I did something wrong, but after working on this for several weeks now I'm not so convinced anymore. When I dump the partition table with my code, it looks exactly as the dump that it would generate when I create the same layout with gparted, so it should work. So my assumption is that the implementation in NtDeviceIoControlFile(IOCTL_DISK_SET_DRIVE_LAYOUT) may be the cause. On the other hand, when I create only primary partitions (which the existing code can do) then gparted doesn't report any errors, so it may only be the case when dealing with logical partitions.

The question is now, should I upload the current code as a patch as it is right now, with these known issues, or should I try to fix it completely before I upload it?

If I should upload it, I wonder how long it usually takes until it is commited to the repository, because I submitted a patch in this areay a month ago, which still has not made it to SVN. Or when/how do you get write access to SVN?