Hey,

> How much work needs to be done to get newer versions of MSVC
> running
This needs our compatibility layer to be finished (it's progressing,
but slowly)

> How big is the danger to lose the capability to exchange ReactOS
> and Win 2k3 system files?
As far as I know, we don't have issues with that atm with the latest
MSVC

> There isn't a time plan to get at least the core system file
> structure, exports and structures at Win 6+ level yet, right?
Nope. But a compatibility layer in usermode should be enough for now

> How big is the danger that newer MSVC versions can't be used to
> compile ReactOS anymore? (E.g. loosing the capability to build Win
> XP compatible files)

We use a barebones compiler, without any SDK or something. The only
danger I see - they may remove support for old architectures or SEH
mechanism (CxxFrameHandler3). So far latest version work

And we always have GCC and clang, the latter is going to have a full
SEH support in some near future

Victor