On Saturday 10 June 2006 3:23 pm, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:

> Answering to your first question: there is not a barline object in
> Rosegarden, as far as I know.

Didn't think so.

> There are two "conductor" editors in Rosegarden now: "Tempo and Time
> signature editor", and the "Manage Markers" window. I think that both
> editors should be merged in only one "Conductor Properties" editor, using
> the design of the "Tempo&Time signature" one, which is more advanced. The
> elements have all a time attribute and a few other properties, but don't
> fit well in any track or segment, but into the composition as a whole, like
> your "repeat begin", "repeat end", "1st ending", "2nd ending", "segno",
> "coda", "da capo", etc.

That's an interesting point.  Of course I just spent 24 hours coming up with
an extension of the existing text event facility, which is the wrong
direction entirely for such a thing.  Convenient, isn't it?  Especially
because it damn near works now.

I'll have a think.

I absolutely detest both of the editors you mentioned though.  Any improvement
there should start by throwing both of them in the trash in favor of
something a million times more intuitive, and easier to manage.  They were
written for ease of coding, not for users to use.

--
D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre  ----   Silvan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/