Now that you are messing with it, I for one could do with a narrower
layout, so more space is available for the track canvas.

I would suggest, in general, to favour a more vertical layout. If a
control needs to be wide, put its label on top instead of on the left.
Stack the segment parameters. Don't use frames within frames. Use dark
background labels to demarcate sections vertically.

And let the user decide if she wants to further narrow down the
window, even if the labels get cut. Ditto for the track name column.

As it is now, this palette plus the track list column consume more
than 50% of the width of my 1024x728 display, no matter how small I
configure the fonts. I am far from happy about it.

My 2 eurocents,

Luis