On Sunday, 18 June 2006 21:18, Luis Garrido wrote:
> I thought I was clear in my suggestions but, sure, find here a mock-up of
> them.
>
> http://www.picturetrunk.com/uploads/8f2842da2c.png

I agree with a narrower layout. I don't like the white text on black
backgroud. I prefer the tabbed solution proposed by Martin Shepherd.

> The Instrument and Bank checkboxes could be substituted for a [none]
> option in the respective combo boxes.

Strongly agree here.

> If you like it and this panel is described in a Qt designer .ui file,
> please point it to me and I'll be glad of modifying it to reflect my
> concept (well, I wouldn't say it's MY concept, you can see from miles
> away where does this come from.) If it is generated algorithmically I
> think I will remain on the cheap side, sorry.

Rosegarden doesn't use .ui files, except for the transport dialog. Don't ask
me why. The UI is built by hand-written code.

There is a base class RosegardenParameterBox in gui/widgets.*
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/rosegarden/trunk/rosegarden/gui/widgets.h?view=markup

The Instrument Parameter Box is defined in gui/instrumentparameterbox.*
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/rosegarden/trunk/rosegarden/gui/instrumentparameterbox.cpp?view=markup

The Segment Parameter Box is defined in gui/segmentparameterbox.*
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/rosegarden/trunk/rosegarden/gui/segmentparameterbox.cpp?view=markup

The new Track Parameter Box will be defined in gui/trackparameterbox.*

The IPB is used in the Main Window, and also in the Matrix Windows:
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/rosegarden/trunk/rosegarden/gui/rosegardengui.cpp?view=markup
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/rosegarden/trunk/rosegarden/gui/matrixparameterbox.cpp?view=markup

Regards,
Pedro