$ git remote -v

origin  git://git.code.sf.net/p/rosegarden/git (fetch)
origin  git://git.code.sf.net/p/rosegarden/git (push)
personal        ssh://dfaure_...@git.code.sf.net/u/userid-591851/rosegarden
(fetch)
personal        ssh://dfaure_...@git.code.sf.net/u/userid-591851/rosegarden
(push)

I'm used to doing it this way, the "upstream" is still called origin
and my personal fork is called "personal".
I push local branches using git push -f personal HEAD:`git branch --show`

I just noticed something though: your remote says /u/lman
while mine says /u/userid-591851 instead of the expected /u/dfaure_kde,
no idea why...

David.

David Faure, fa...@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
Working on KDE Frameworks 5