On Thursday, July 07, 2011, Emanuel Rumpf wrote:

> Now, this is strange: Rosegarden doesn't directly support
> ProgramChanges **by Number**  from the ParameterPanel.

It doesn't and never has.  Years ago, I was expecting this would turn out to
be a big limitation that would annoy a lot of people, but this has generated
almost no interest at all over the years.

> You could try to load and play around with a more generic definition
> file ( GS.rgd, GM2.rgd, XG.rgd ), if your keyboard supports one of the
> modes.

I think a bigger problem is it doesn't sound like he knows anything about how
the studio stuff works yet.  Does anybody remember if there's a current
tutorial showing how to use your new, redesigned studio dialog?

He has a Roland keyboard, and we have .rgd files for 53 different Roland
products.  Chances are pretty good we either have a definition for his exact
keyboard already, or we have one for something quite similar for him to load
up.
--
D. Michael McIntyre