On Tuesday, May 08, 2012, Richard Bown wrote:

> > I have failed.
>
> What absolute self indulgent rubbish.

I'm glad my heartfelt outpouring of emotion is self-indulgent rubbish.

I don't really care what you think either, as far as that goes.  I've had it
up to here with criticism.  It strikes me as just deliciously ironic that here
I am making that statement to you.  Isn't the irony just palpable?  It's
glorious.

Maybe we should talk about you taking your project back.  Seriously, I'm
obviously sick of this albatross, and there's nobody better to hand the keys
to than one of the original founders.  If you'll assume responsibility for
keeping this thing alive from now on, I'll be content to go out with that
release I just published.

> It's in fine shape.   We just need a bit of positivity around here.  Yes and
> time.

We need competent developers around here.  People like you.

> And maybe a Summer of Code

Heikki Junes worked himself ragged trying to dole out projects that way, and
there were no takers.  Not even the faintest blip of interest.

> or perhaps even Kickstarter.

Money could help if there were enough of it.  There haven't ever been enough
in the way of donations or corporate sponsorship to pay for any real developer
time, but if we had a budget into the tens of thousands of US dollars, that
might actually pay for something worthwhile.
--
D. Michael McIntyre