The attempt at a Mac port was done before the codebase had been moved to
qt. It was installed through fink. I exchanged email with the person who
had tried it and he had run into significant  problems because of KDE
dependencies and he gave up.
Nice to hear about the commercial version of Ardour that runs on Windows.
That gives lots of hope for doing the same with Rosegarden; especially
since Richard is focusing on the MIDI components first.

Dave