On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM, David Tisdell <david.tisd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree on the "More bang for the buck" on a Windows port but JACK already
> runs on OS X as do some JACK aware apps. Percentage  of the user base wise,
> the Mac has historically more people creating content (Don't know if that is
> true today) and it is fully POSIX compliant whereas Windows is not. It may
> be easier to get a full port over to the Mac. Not being a coder, I can't say
> for sure but the Ardour people ran into a significant road block on Windows
> because it wasn't fully POSIX compliant.

I remember a while back one of the developers (Chris?) had gotten
Rosegarden to compile on OS X. I don't think the effort got any
further than that.

BTW, MixBus (a commercial version of Ardour 2.8) now runs on Windows,
and uses a bundled version of jackd (which has been available on
Windows for a while now). I think the biggest requirement a Windows
version of any free audio software will have is the ability to load
VST instrument and FX plugins.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
it would overturn the world."