On 12/29/2016 02:38 PM, Ray Klassen wrote:

> with just notes as if I had entered them with the mouse. -- no staccatos
> tenutos or variations in velocity. and all starting and ending precisely
> as scored. Is this possible?

I've found there is no magic fix it button.  In principle the grid
quantizer should be your friend here.  Un-check [ ] Add articulations to
make that stuff go away, dial up the most likely parameters, and try
your luck.  In practice, the notation quantizer often does a better job.
  You can use Adjust -> Quantize -> Fix notation quantization to make
the durations you see on the page permanent.

I can't find an option to turn off tenutos and such while recording.
You can select all and use the trash can icon in the top right corner to
throw all those marks away.

All in all though, I've always found this to be a fiddly process.  You
try something, and it works well for most of a passage, but there is one
troublesome section where your playing was too far off.  Try a different
quantizer, different options, or just draw a bit of notation by hand.

The better you play, the better this works.  It has the most trouble
with slurs and grace notes, which tend to come out as a mangled tangle
of unintended chords.  In my own personal projects, I probably never get
more than 2/3 of the notation cleaned up using automatic tools.  My
playing is pretty dreadful.

--
D. Michael McIntyre