However dreadful your playing is, mine is probably worse. But the notation
quantizer/Fix notation function does most of what I want. I can reset
velocity across the board too. If I could just wholesale erase all of the
tenutos/staccatos, that would probably do the trick.

Thanks for your help.

PS You're right. I would have expected magic from the grid quantize. what
is it doing if it's not doing this?