From: "Thuppanna, Raj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, 22 February, 2002 06:22 PM
Subject: Submitter/receiver

I have a question about submitter/receiver in a re-pricing model. In
this example, we receive the claim for re-pricing. We are not
destination payer.

According to 837 IG in the scenario where a provider (or providers
billing service) sends the electronic claim to us for re-pricing, the
provider is the submitter and we are receiver. We then re-price the
claim and forward it to destination payer. Who should be the submitter
and receiver when we forward the claim to payer? My understanding based
on IG is that submitter and receiver should remain same when we forward
the claim to destination payer. But It doesn't make sense for us to be
receiver here.

In the same model, it we get a paper claim from a provider and then
forward the re-priced claim, who should be submitter and receiver? My
understanding is that we are the submitter and destination payer is the
receiver.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Raj Thuppanna
770 444 4468

To be removed from this list, send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Please note that it may take up to 72 hours to process your request.