In article <20210820224126.gb31...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>,
   Theo Markettos <t...@markettos.org.uk> wrote:
> FWIW I agree with most of what Peter says here.  The moment you change
> RPCEmu to not model the Risc PC hardware you now need a fork of the OS.
> The more you graft in, the less it's a Risc PC - essentially all you are
> sharing is the GUI.

Just the thoughts of a vaguely interested bystander with no technical
knowledge.

I can understand the usefulness of being able to emulate the RPC for
compatibility with old software but with Rapis so cheap I can see little
point of trying to model it. I, for example, recently purchased an
over-clocked Pi in a nice case with RO5 and a software bundle included,
for under 100 quid.

Incidentally, I find Iris, despite only being Beta, works quite well.

--
Stuart Winsor

Tools With A Mission
sending tools across the world