On Jul 1, 2008, at 6:52 PM, Jay Soffian wrote:

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Michael Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is it possible that what you're trying to accomplish might be better
done with %triggers?  Or are these strictly file-/content-based
dependency ordering issues?  More details might help clarify. :)

Yeah, it occurred to me last night triggers might be better.

I don't have more details or I'd share them. This is for a customer
I'm supporting through a middleman.

Thanks for the suggestion.

What is not clear to me is what the "install before" prerequisite condition is.

From a logical POV, the vendor package has no dependencies and so
can be installed in any order. Yes, there may be dependencies that were not
included, but that is exactly what I am missing.

FWIW, you can likely bundle the vendor rpm into another rpm, and
install in a %post script, if you absolutely must somehow order some
operation before installing the vendor rpm. That's the best I could figger
last night without additional info ...