On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Jeff Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Again, the better fix is to rebuild the vendor package, and add
>    Requires: pre-vendor
> but politics, not engineering have ruled out that solution, and so
> hacks-r-us is all that can be attempted.

Okay, thanks for the suggestion.

> I haven't a clue what is surprising to you, you have neglected to state what
> the surprise is or was.

I specified on the command-line:

$ sudo rpm -U foo-1-0.x86_64.rpm bar-1-0.x86_64.rpm baz-1-0.x86_64.rpm

Yet the installation order appeared to be: baz, foo, bar.

My first surprise is that the RPMs appear to have been installed in a
different order than I specified on the command line. Since these RPMs
have no interdependencies, why should they be re-ordered? My second
surprise is that "--noorder" didn't appear to have any effect (i.e.
the RPMs still appeared to be installed in a different order than I
specified on the command line).

j.