On Wednesday 02 February 2011 16:20:52 Jeff Johnson wrote:
> Yep, truncated downloads with both the livecd/livedvd, sorry for not
> checking first.

Sorry, truncated downloads is a long time problem with our provider, and
that's a pity because we have a lot of bandwidth. The problem appears to be in
their virtual server and they promised to give us a real server soon.

> (What I really needed to hear from you is whether you
> expected the livecd/livedvd to Just Work, and I hear "Yes").

YES, when it works it just works...unfortunately the latest snapshots haven't
probably been tested under vmware* so I can't exclude that there may be
specific issues.

> This gets me a bit farther with the OpenMAMBA livecd/livedvd, to the splash
> screen with the "default" selection. However, I'm not able to select,
> and the "Automatic boot in 1 second.." just hangs.

The keyboard problem with the latest syslinux happens frequently but not
always. The first selection should be good anyway, there is a big initramfs to
load, so sometimes the impression is that is locks-up, especially on vm's, but
after some time it starts. But if you have waited for some minutes that may
not be the case and there must be a problem. If it hangs on the boot loader
screen it is a kernel/initramfs loading issue, otherwise a kernel issue and we
need/can debug that.

> This is Snow Leopard and VMFusion fwiw.

You may want to try the second boot option with graphics drm support disabled
or the debug option to see boot messages if any, but if you can't change the
menu selection that's a problem. Have you done some more boot attempts to see
if the keyboard never works?

> > To avoid being off topic here, you can write me privately or subscribe to
> > an openmamba list (see http://www.openmamba.org/lists/?lang=en).
> > Thanks for reporting.
>
> OpenMAMBA is just one (of ~10) VM's I'm trying to setup in order
> to establish infra-structure to move @rpm5.org to a "continuous
> integration" development model using buildbot's.
>
> That's the part that is directly relevant to <rpm-devel@rpm5.org>, the
> OpenMAMBA specific issues are just one of the first efforts to go public
> (I'm also attempting IDMS and Unity and Ark and Yoper linux VM's
> privately).

Ok this makes the openmamba thing be more in topic than I tought :)

> But yes I will address OpenMAMBA specific issues privately if you prefer.

No problem for me to discuss here if it's ok for you.

Silvan

--
mambaSoft di Calarco Silvan
Web: http://www.mambasoft.it