* Jeff Johnson <n3...@mac.com> [May 24. 2011 00:27]:

> That was basically the point of the exchange with Klaus: there may
> be a better and simpler way of adding "weak dependencies" using
> the arbitrary tags I mentioned.

And this should be good enough for now.

People wanting to build packages for (Open)SUSE can use the Open Build
Service (build.opensuse.org) and use rpmlint for additional checks.

> That's where all of the above has been for 4+ years (7+ years if you go back
> to when RPMSENSE_MISSINGOK was originally proposed, and "weak dependencies"
> were mostly implemented a few months later). Its kinda hard to
> get excited about 7 year old implementations that haven't ever really
> been used or deployed widely (yes SuSE has, noone else I'm aware of).

Debian (http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html)
defines weak dependencies identically to SUSE.

Klaus
---
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany