On Dec 20, 2011, at 9:55 AM, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:

> Den 17:39 21. oktober 2011 skrev Jeff Johnson <j...@rpm5.org> følgende:
>>  RPM Package Manager, CVS Repository
>>  http://rpm5.org/cvs/
>>  ____________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>  Server: rpm5.org                         Name:   Jeff Johnson
>>  Root:   /v/rpm/cvs                       Email:  j...@rpm5.org
>>  Module: rpm                              Date:   21-Oct-2011 17:39:03
>>  Branch: rpm-5_4                          Handle: 2011102115390101
>>
>>  Modified files:           (Branch: rpm-5_4)
>>    rpm                     CHANGES
>>    rpm/macros              macros.rpmbuild.in
>>    rpm/scripts             find-debuginfo.sh
>>
>>  Log:
>>    - debuginfo: use current dir instead of $RPM_BUILD_DIR.
> D'oh, a bit late discovered, but better than never..
>
> $RPM_BUILD_DIR == %{_builddir}
> while
> $PWD == %{_builddir}/%{?buildsubdir}
>
> So for most packages which have their own %buildsubdir, this will mess
> up the paths for debug packages, ie. see the following example:

I hope "… have their own %buildsubdir …" doesn't mean that some
package monkey is trying to set/change %builddubdor in a *.spec file.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure what you have "discovered": literally nothing has
changed in this area for most of this century, the whole mechanism
if fabulously broken and mis-designed and mis-implemented imho.

No change to any of these conventions should be undertaken, nor do I
have any interest in "fixes" short of scrapping everything and reimplementing
more soundly, and that effort cannot be done without a ROADMAP
and goals and automated testing and more.

But "Have it your own way!" feel free to change whatever you wish,
just don't check any "wild hacking" changes in.

hth