Whether RPM's version is accessible through a cli macro expansion that uses the
rpm lua module hardly matters: there a zillion alternative means to find the
identifier, starting with the option --version.

Nor is the rpm lua module in wide spread use outside of OpenPKG for which it
was written.

Meanwhile "Write a test case." is the only sane response to preventing
regressions.

Sent from my iPhone