On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Jeffrey Johnson <n3...@me.com> wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2013, at 12:51 PM, devzero2000 wrote:
>
> > This produce a core dump (also on rpm 5.4.10)
> >
> > rpm -E '%{lua}'
> >
> > this produce a malloc failed
> >
> > rpm -E '%{perl}' ( I think the all the builtin - git , python - without
> the body do the same ).
> >
> > (not so interesting as a bug but i hope useful to tell anyway)
> >

> You know where launchpad.net/rpm bugs are to be reported.
>
> > But but what should be the right result ?
> >

> Depends on POV. Neither of those commands is syntactically well formed.
>
> In both cases its %{lua:...} not '%{lua} which is needed.
>
> Meanwhile -- since "fuzz busting" is the new development paradigm --
> the likeliest common expectation for parsing is
>         No surprises (like segfaults).
> no matter what is actually implemented.
>
> I also have a hard time caring about -E issues: rpm does quite a bit more
> than
> expand macros for developers to scrutinize the output.

He He right, yes. But I think for my age and sensitivity to understand the
moments (i am wrong often; however :=). We're not doing fuzzy testing (I do
personally because I have to take a certification sans660  but are personal
things), but you're trying to do something, coverity, qa . So you have given
the input, I'll try to come back ('m going crazy sull'autofu of maxrom and
docbook, grr. But yeah, that's fine). i was called here and I have my
pleasure. I  do what I can and go forward. Always. It's not much, I
understand.

Ciao, jbj